So Mother’s Day is coming up this weekend and you’re not sure what to do. Well, Houston has no shortage of places to take Mom so that she knows she’s special.
My personal suggestion for this Sunday would be to catch the Mother’s Day Brunch at the Ballpark Cafe located at Inn at the Ballpark Hotel. The hotel is in Downtown Houston, across from Minute Maid Park.
Want more options? The website Open Table has a great list of Houston area restaurants with Mother’s Day specials. You can check out the list here: http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?m=12&ref=364&pid=77 . The great thing about Open Table is that you can make a reservation online at any of the restaurants listed. The main website is, of course, www.OpenTable.com .
http://www.cleverleysnewsletter.com is another good source for Mother’s Day dining ideas. In fact, touching base with Cleverly’s Newsletter is good anytime of year so be sure to check it out.
But back to the Ballpark Cafe; They’ve gone out of their way this year to come up with a very special menu featuring many of your favorite items. In fact there’s so much that its impossible to list them all here. Check out the menu pictured below.
Chef Meija’s award winning Caesar Salad will be part of the feast as well as his special White Chocolate Bread Pudding and other fabulous desserts. Click on the image below to take a better look at the full menu:
The Ballpark Cafe’s Mother’s Day Brunch is $53 for adults, $43 for Seniors and $26 for kids.
Another great idea includes Vic & Anthony’s, also located across from Minute Maid Park. They’re serving their standard menu but that’s always impressive and sure to be a treat for Mom.
Here’s a short list of Downtown Houston suggestions for Mother’s Day:
- Ballpark Cafe at Inn at the Ballpark; Adults $53, 713-228-1520
- Vic & Anthony’s, Regular Menu, 713-221-1111
- Downtown Aquarium, Adults $36.99, 713-223-FISH
- Morton’s Downtown Houston, Adults $59, 713-659-3700
- Quattro at the Four Seasons: Adults $79, 713-650-1300
- *17 at the Alden Hotel; $45 for a Three Course Brunch, 832-200-8800
- Line & Lariat at the Icon Hotel; Adults $58, 800-970-4266
- Spindletop at the Hyatt Regency Downtown; Adults $49.95, 713-654-1234
Take care of Mom like she takes care of you and enjoy a special day out. Bon Appetite!