As we’re nearing the end of 2011, I thought I’d start posting some High Demand Dates for 2012. Please bear in mind there will always be additional dates due to extra business travel or pop-up events. This list should be a good guide for the first half of 2012. I will continue to post updates as news becomes available.
This list represents dates when Conferences and other events will provide compression in Downtown Houston so that Hotels, Restaurants, Car Rental Agencies and other travel – related services will be at peak operating levels. Book your travel needs – especially with hotels – as early as possible to avoid Sold Out Dates and higher rates.
- Houston Marathon ~ Fri 1/13 & Sat 1/14
- Halloween Party Expo ~ Fri 1/27, Sat 1/28, Sun 1/29
- NAPE – Nat’l Assn of Petroleum Engineers ~ Wed 2/22, Thu 2/23 (Two of the toughest dates of the year!)
- Week of Mon 2/27/11 will be busy with large private conferences based at the Hilton and the Hyatt as well as the Houston Fishing Show which picks up speed in the middle of the week and goes through the weekend of Fri 3/2 and Sat 3/3.
- Pri-Med Southwest 2012 ~ Wed 3/7 through Fri 3/9
- MicroSoft Conference ~ Sat 3/17 through Tue 3/20 (This Conference is HUGE! You will likely be frustrated trying to book guestrooms in Downtown Houston over this period.)
- Assn of Clinical Research Professionals ~ Fri 4/13 – Sun 4/15
- OTC – Offshore Technology Conference ~ Sun 4/29 through Wed 5/2
- Group Bookings & Business Travel expected to keep Downtown Busy the Week of 5/14
- NAFSA: Assn of Int’l Educators ~ Sun 5/27 through Thu 5/31
- Endocrine Society ~ Fri 6/22 through Mon 6/25