The dates listed below are going to be busier than normal for hotels, rental cars and other travel-related services in Downtown Houston. You may want to make your plans as soon as possible if considering one or more of these dates. Please also keep in mind that other dates may also reach high demand status without prior notice. Its always a good idea to book your reservations as soon as possible.
- Mon Sept 26 & Tues Sept 27, 2011
- Big Business Travel Days in September this year – hotels are experiencing a lot of Compression in the market
- Tues Oct 11, Wed Oct 12 & Thu Oct 13, 2011
- The Texas Municipal League 2011 Annual Conference is at the GRB Convention Ctr
- Mon Oct 31, Tue Nov 1, Wed Nov 2, Thu Nov 3 & Fri Nov 4, 2011
- 2011 International Quilt Festival
- The days leading up to the Festival, starting 10/26 may see higher than normal demand as well due to a private conference for those affiliated with the Quilt Festival. This is called the International Quilt Market.
- Saturday Nov 5, 2011
- Taylor Swift is performing at Minute Maid Park
- Saturday is not normally associated with Business Travel but this is worth noting, especially coming on the heels of the Quilt Festival. Hotels closest to Minute Maid Park will be affected the most.
- Thursday Nov 10, 2011 through Saturday Nov 12
- You may see a higher than normal demand for rooms with Two Double Beds as the Girl Scouts of the USA has an event at the George R Brown Convention Center.
Please check back for further updates on High Demand Dates.